- Number of days: 5
- Number of nights: 4
- Destinations: Natron, Oldoinyo Lengai, Mto wa mbu
- Probable attractions: Active volcano trekking, Maasai cultural tours in lake Natron, camping at the foot of East African Great Rift Valley
- Short notes: Walking and trekking to the top through volcanic dusts and ashes which is very steep is an amazing experience for those who wish to view the inside of an active volcano in the region.
Details per day
Day 1: Rift Valley Escarpment Walking
- Drive to the town of Mto Wa Mbu, then follow the Rift Valley escarpment north to the village of Engare Sero
- We will camp at Engare sero and enjoy the nature at the foot of East African Great Rift Valley
Day 2: Oldonyo Lengai Trekking
- Trek the mountain early in the morning by following the narrow ridges of scree and volcanic dust and ash
- Will have our camp in the south of the crater, a safe distance from the active north crater.
- The north crater provide a unique chance to view an active volcano with recent streams of lava, steaming vents and open lava pools.
- The lava on Oldoinyo Lengai has the uniqueness of being black during the day and a dull orange at night due to its relatively cool temperature.
Day 3: Trekking to the top of Oldonyo Lengai
- Climbing to the top in the morning and take advantage of the sunrise over the Masai Steppe
- We will enjoy viewing Mount Meru, the extinct volcano Kerimasi, Lake Natron and even Mount Kilimanjaro.
- We will descend back after lunch to our camp at Engare Sero village by early evening.
Day 4: Lake Natron Walking and Masai Boma Cultural Tour
- Lake Natron and the local Masai boma visit for cultural tours and learn much about the life style of Maasai people.
Day 5: Mto Wa Mbu Shopping and Cultural Tour
- Drive back to Mto Wa Mbu for locally made handcrafts and other interesting items shopping
- Proceed to Arusha to finalize our 5 day trip to Lake Natron and Oldoinyo Lengai