|Number of days:||6 Days|
|Number of nights:||5 Nights|
|Challenge type:||Pose attitude sickness|
|Note: An additional acclimatization day is highly recommended on this route especially if it is your first time climb.|
Details by Day
Day 1: Rongai at 1996m – Simba camp at 2626m
- Drive to Marangu park gate for registration.
- Drive to Naro Moru, north east Kilimanjaro to the Rongai start point at 1996m.
- Meet the guide and porters prior to the trek.
- Trek in the pine forest.
- Gentle walk in a beautiful country side.
- The first night’s camp is at Simba Camp (2 626m).
- The camp include the following facilities; public toilet, wooden table with benches, but no hut.
Day 2: Simba camp at 2626m – Kikelewa Camp at 3679m
- Trek from Simba camp to Kibo for lunch at First Caves.
- After lunch we continue hiking to Kikelewa Camp at 3679 meters.
- A nice dinner and overnight at Kikelewa camp.
Day 3: Kikelewa Camp at 3679m – Mawenzi Tarn Camp at 4303m
- Drive to camp at Mawenzi Tarn spectacularly situated beneath the towering spires of Mawenzi.
- Spend the afternoon acclimatizing and exploring the area.
Day 4: Mawenzi Tarn Camp at 4303m – Kibo hut at 4730m
- Morning walk and climbing up to Kibo Hut via the east side of Kibo crossing the saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo taking 4 to 5 hours
- The rest of the day is used resting pre-final ascent, which commences something in the midnight.
- Overnight at Kibo hut.
Day 5: Kibo hut at 4730m – Uhuru Peak at 5895m back to Horombo hut at 3705m
- Trek via trail consists of a rocky path to the Hans Meyer Cave (5150m)
- Trek the zigzags pathways up to Gillman’s point (5 681m)
- This is probably the most tough part of the whole route.
- The guide will provides all necessary support and guide at this junction.
- you will normally encounter snow all the way up to Uhuru peak (5895m) at Gillmans Point, the highest point in Africa.
Uhuru Peak at 5895m
- Note that: The fine weather conditions on the summit will let you to stay longer while the awful weather conditions may force you to retrace even before expected stay duration.
- You will get an enough time for photo taking before the 3 hour descent back to Kibo hut.
- After a short rest at Kibo hot, you gather all your gears you left behind for the ascent and head down to Horombo hut (3 hours)
- The arrival to Horombo hut will look like a surprise compared to the ascent.
- The total time spent walking on this day is around 14 hours,
- In the evening you will get your last dinner on the mountain
- Stay overnight, well-earned sleep, filled with memories and stirring emotions.
Day 6: Horombo hut at 3705m – Marangu Gate at 1860m
- Continue with early morning descending to the Marangu gate via Mandara hut.
- It is highly suggested not to pay your porters any tips until you and all your gears have have been transferred to the gate safely.
- Sign-out at Marangu gate and it is an opportunity where successful climbers receive their summit certificates.
- Those who climbed to Gillman’s Point (5685m) will get a green certificate while those who climbed to Uhuru Peak (5895m) will receive a gold certificate.
- At last you will be driven back to Moshi for a long overdue hot shower, dinner descent bed and celebrations!!